Catholic Women's League
The Catholic Women's League of Canada Is a national organization rooted in gospel values calling its members to holiness through service to the people of God.
The Catholic Women's League is the largest national women's organization in Canada.
- It was organized nationally June 17, 1920
- It was affiliated in 1921 with the International Union of Catholic Women's Leagues, now titled World Union of Catholic Women's Organizations (WUCWO).
- It has a worldwide federation holding membership in the conference of International Catholic Organizations (ICO).
- It has consultative status with agencies of the United Nations.
- It was granted federal incorporation December 12, 1923
- It was officially recognized by the Canadian Conference of Catholic Bishops (CCCB) as a lay association of women, 1992
- It was organized and pledged to serve with all citizens of goodwill.
- The patroness of the League is the Blessed Virgin Mary under the title 'Our Lady of Good Counsel'.
CWL of Canada